Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Supa Nova Expo

Well, I didn't make it to it yesterday but I managed to fit time in to go to the SuperNova Expo down at the Melbourne Showgrounds today (whilst helping out Mum with her market work). I heard it was insane busy yesterday but today was kind of average crowd from what I saw. Way too many Akatsuki and Organisation XIII cosplayers in my opinion. Picked up a few GL comics that I haven't been able to find online, met Stewart McKenny thanks to my bro (for those who don't know, he has done the artwork for the Clone Wars Adventures comics, Captain America and Super Friends). Really nice guy. And at long last, managed to purchase a commission from one of my favourite UDON artists, Chamba. My bro keeps on going to these comic-cons and sees him there and I'm usually working or not quite in the same country at the time. But I finally got a commission...I was stuck between getting a bust of MegaMan or Dante from Devil May Cry. Below is what the result was. I'm damn happy with it, although I'm curious as to what Dante may have turned out like...maybe next time.

2 comments:

  1. How cute! Did you see my bro there? He was one of the Akatsuki kids. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i saw him there from a distance, he seemed pretty pre-occupied with his fellow cosplayers and I was chatting with THE artist at the time.

    ReplyDelete